Imogen Gibson School of Dance is committed to the privacy and security of personal information that is collected about of students and their parents. This privacy notice describes how we collect and store personal data, who we share personal data with and how it complies with the General Data Protection Regulation.
It has been agreed that Imogen Gibson (principle) will be appointed as Data Protection Officer and is therefore responsible for the safe storage of information relating to our students and parents. Imogen Gibson School of Dance is a ‘data controller’. This means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about of students and their parents. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Data Protection Principles
Imogen Gibson School of Dance comply with data protection Law. This means information stored must be:
- Used lawfully, Fairly and in a transparent way
- Kept Securely
- Collected only for valid purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only for as long as necessary
Personal Data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect the following information from our students:
- Full Name
- Any Medical Conditions or allergies
- Accident Forms
- We also ask for photograph permission for advertising purposes such as social media, newspaper articles or any show photographs
- Ethnicity- for ISTD Dance examinations
- School if applicable
We collect the following information from parents/carers:
- Emergency Contact Telephone numbers
- Email Address
How we use this information
- We collect the above data to use in case of emergencies. For example a parent/carer needs to be contacted during their child’s lesson.
- We will use this data for use of Exam Entries for ISTD dance exams. Name, DOB and ethnicity.
- We will use this information for Competition Entries. Name and DOB
- We will use this information for Showcases. Emergency contact names and number for backstage at shows. Information will be given to the local authorities to approve children to perform in front of an audience. This is only for certain performances which all parents/carers will be informed of.
Who we share this information with (Third Parties)
- The ISTD will receive name, DOB and ethnicity when applying for candidate pin numbers and Exam timetables. The ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing) comply with General data protection Regulation.
- Local Authorities. Children are allowed to perform up to 4 times in a six month period. If students perform more than this they will need a license or if not we need to apply for a license exemption. This is for safeguarding and child prediction policies. This will be the local authority of your address not the dance school.
All third party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We will only keep personal contact forms for students for a maximum of 1 school term of the child not attending classes. This will be in case any exam forms/certificates/awards are received and you need to be contacted.
Our Students and parents are entitled to the following rights under GDPR.
- The right to be informed of how we use your personal data.
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to have a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request erasure of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
You have the right to review your personal data and request any of the above. If you wish to do so please contact the data manager as stated above.
We reserve the right to update the privacy notice at any time and we will provide you with a new updated privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or would like to receive a copy please get in touch with Imogen Gibson. Dance School Principal.
Last updated: May 2018